Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer is Sizzling!


Summer is officially here. Although, it felt like it arrived more than a month ago! It's funny, when I arrived in the Big Country last year about this time, the temperatures weren't so bad and we seemed to get a lot of rain. When people told me that was unusual, I didn't really think about. Now, I know what they meant!

But I don't want to complain too much. While I'm more of a spring and fall fan, summer is fun, too. I've been working on creating a backyard retreat. I've got comfy new patio furniture, a grill, some lights strung across my awning and most importantly a fan!

My first night to grill with friends went pretty well. Yummy burgers, vegetables grilled in a new grill basket and grilled corn-on-the-cob! Next up - kabobs!!!

I'm looking forward to a fabulous summer in my backyard with pals. Now if we could only do something about the heat, we could start our parties a little earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment