Wednesday, April 13, 2011

An Excuse to Hunt Eggs Again!



In the last two months my family has welcomed two new baby boys into the world. Doles, named after my grandfather, joined us in February and Joseph, named after his father, arrived today. They are first cousins and will grow up to be the best of friends.

I know this because they are the children of my first cousins who are like siblings to me.

I'm so lucky to have been born into this family. My mom is the oldest of four daughters. I'm the oldest of 11 grandchildren on that side of the family. Our grandparents were only children and wanted to create a big, southern family. We celebrate everything together and are always looking for reasons to celebrate. We get seven of them in the fall (LSU home games). In the last few years the spring has been reserved for getting married or having babies.

Doles and Joseph are part of the next generation. They are numbers six and seven respectively. Five boys and two girls. The girls are my brother's children. The oldest boy is my godson. The older kids are already close. They love playing together at our family gatherings. It reminds me of the fun times I had with my cousins growing up.

Our next celebration together is Easter. It's especially fun now that we have an excuse to have egg hunts again!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Love hearing about your family. Cousins are awesome....I'm close with mine too.

    ReplyDelete